Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Engine vibration NOT mounts
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
rpokorny
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 53612
What I Drive: 2004 Grey zx5

FF Reputation: 1 rpokorny Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have a passenger mount and transmission mount new from dealer. The Torque Strut Mount was new as well, but I found the vibration was greater with the new one than with the old one so I put the old one back. I am thinking of ordering a Torque Strut Mount from RockAuto. The Torque Strut Mount I got from the dealer looked used and may have been returned. I don't know if the Torque Strut Mount could be responsible for the vibrations. My old one looks better than the new and the dealer wouldn't take it back because it had been installed. As for the transmission, it works perfectly right now so I am reluctant to touch it for anything other than a fluid change.

I must be getting used to the vibration as I feel it less and it does help my back like a vibrating lazy boy, but I don't what this to damage any thing else in the car so the hunt for the vibration will continue .... next paycheck.