Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - When/what SVT clutch replacement?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 12,268, Level 72
Points: 12,268, Level: 72 Points: 12,268, Level: 72 Points: 12,268, Level: 72
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakeystyley View Post
First of all, this thread seems to be in the wrong section, but oh well, this is where the search sent me.

Second, I've got about 173,000 miles on my original 2004 clutch (I bought the car brand new 8 years ago). It definitely slips if I'm trying to launch hard, but other than that, it works pretty well. I've had the slow leak down the clutch pedal since 40k, but just top off the brake fluid every now and then and it works fine.= That could be your slave cylinder.

In the cold weather, it just started shifting very tough, but let the car warm up a little bit and it's manageable (I think this is actually old grease in the linkages, but maybe not). Thats the clutch as there is no adjustment.

It might be time to replace for me anyway, so I came here to see what I'm getting myself into.

Seeing the $1200-1500 range on here was helpful when I go to get quotes.

Unfortunately, my local shop that I trust also charges a higher hourly rate when you bring your own parts and then doesn't guarantee the parts. I'll have to see what parts they would buy, and how much better a deal I could get from CFM or BAT-Inc.Ask them how much for a oem luk replacemet w/ flywheel & throw out bearing & then figure out their labor rate.

Any words of wisdom from someone who's had their clutch replaced on a high-mileage SVT?

Thanks guys
I'd get the LUK oem replacement kit w/ flywheel & add a slave cylinder(throw out bearing) to your order.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131