Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - amp/speakers or new HU
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
doubles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106022
What I Drive: 2008 ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 doubles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinpetemo View Post
Have the option to tweak my sound system for christmas. Not sure how I want to go about doing this though. I already have an 8inch sub running at 300w so ive got the lows where i want them for the time being. Now I think I should probably work the mids and highs. These are the options Ive looked over.

2 Polk DB 6.5 components and a 2 channel amp (speakers 100rms @4ohm) (amp 125rms @4ohm x2)

4 Infinity reference coax or polk db coax with 4 channel amp to power them accordingly.

or a new head unit. I was thinking this unit was pretty nice looking and has 5v outputs.
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-2-DIN-Blue...ds=jvc+5v+head

For those wondering my current speakers are all stock and my headunit is a single din dual with 3 sets preamp @ 1.5v i think. Sounds like crap at louder volumes (above 34 out of 46) but i figured that was a combo of crap speakers and a crap deck. Which route would offer me the most SQ and clarity over the others? Also, infinity or polk? Ive been scouring the interwebs for the past week for information but so much of it just leads in circles.....
nice looking radio. i think your going in the right direction with it all. love to see pics when and if you do this