focus vs fiesta
hello, your post prompted me to register and join in the forums.
First, i am glad to hear that your 2000 focus has held up so well and with 200,000+ miles. I am still alittle bit concerned on the reliability of the Ford's. But, trading out of my 2006 audi A3( with all its gremlins and problems) i still have high hopes.
Alrighty, for my opinion on the fiesta vs focus:
I had a loaner fiesta for my wife's 2009 escape that was in the shop for 2 weeks. i was really impressed with the fiesta, very impressed. i liked the handling and the power was ok for a sub-compact car. But, it felt too small, i.e. the safety issue if crashed. But the overall impression of the fiesta brought me to look at both as a replacement for the audi.
I decided on the focus for several reasons:
1. The focus is larger, has more space, and about the same fuel mileage (per the sticker on the windows) than the fiesta.
2. MFT and sync. Flat out, this technology is what really got its hooks in me. Yes, its alittle buggy, but the touch screen is responsive and overall its awesome.
3. back up camera. Even though its a small car, the camera really helps along with the sensors. The sensors are pretty accurate, and the camera has nice guidelines and colored zones. Oh, and with the windows tinted, the camera makes seeing out the back easier.
4. better power. Even at only 160hp, the focus can get up to speed with just a little bit of hesitation. it seemed like i have to push the fiesta to get speed.
5. the titanium had all of the ammenities i had with my audi: leather seats, moonroof, hatchback design, good road feel, very nice styling, etc.
Thats about all i can think of right now. Good luck with your final decision!