Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #2518
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
Don't know if this has bee covered already but I'll ask anyhow.
Does anyone know why the last official MFT software release change the behavior of the Home Screen to where now the reporting of the current street, road or highway name doesn't always get reflected in the navi section of the screen. For me it is intermittent and unpredictable. It appears as though there is no way to force the behavior; it either works or it doesn't - all on its own.
Are talking about the nav quad of the home screen? If so, this is a known bug since V3.0.2. There is a wrokaround to get it back. Simply set a route, drive for a few seconds, and then cancel the route. It will be back. It does disappear again after any reboot/master reset though. Just use the workaround to get it back (or wait about 7 days, then it seems to come back on its own).

If this is the bug your are talking about, V3.5.1 seems to have fixed it. At first I thought it didn't but I did a master reset a couple of days after my dealer installed V3.5.1 and it was back after that. I have also done one reboot since then and it was back immediately. Seems to be fixed.