Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus After Market Touchscreen
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #19
Mark1972
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105386
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Mark1972 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo748 View Post
I swung by a local car radio shop today and showed them those head units i linked from amazon. They said that since my car was not equipped with factory nav/MFT etc etc that those would not work with my car. Now i know this might have been a ploy to get me to purchase the template and radio separately from them at a higher cost. But does anyone know if these would work if since i did not get the MFT option?
As the post above stated the units will work with any trim level (at least here in the uk).

The plastic moulded trim fits perfect, however there does seem to be issues with the steering control functions on the cheaper units above as we'll as the user interfaces looking cheap and boring.

If you have a basic trim level or just SYNC with no MFT it's an awsome upgrade

If you have sync and MFT I can't really see it would be worth it, however we do not have MFT here in the UK so I don't know how good it is. We get a tiny little 4 inch screen which is why I upgraded to the 8 inch touch fly audio.