Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Affordable 2013 Focus brake upgrade
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #12
bwh13
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105709
What I Drive: 2013 Silver Focuse SE

FF Reputation: 2 bwh13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No TCE has nothing to do with this OEM style upgrade. The brackets and rotors are OEM parts for a different car that I believe will adapt to the spindles with minor or no modifications. The stock caliper and the caliper the new brackets were originally from use the same pads, so the stock caliper MAY bolt right to this new bracket. That's what I'm going to try determine.

IF the new bracket bolts to the stock caliper AND fits over the new 300mm rotor (which they should, given the respective measurements of both rotors and calipers), then I'll determine what final thing to do to get it to fit/function as if the factory did it.

IF this doesn't work then I will look at installing the Wilwoods onto the 300mm rotor using my own bracket design. I've been selling brake kits for 15 years so this isn't that difficult.

I'm trying to fit this all under the 16" factory wheel (the OEM caliper will easily fit, the Wilwood don't know till I try it).