Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Rattles Everywhere!
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by concentrate_synonym View Post
Hi there. I know rattles have been mentioned plenty on these forums, and I looked through some other threads, but most didn't seem to match my rattles.

The thing is, I can't even keep track of the rattles, so I don't know how to fix them all. I've definitely had the plastic speedometer and tachometer covers rattle. I asked for them to be fixed, but they've come back. Since then, I've had:

A weird almost crinkling noise coming from the left side of the dashboard under the windshield.

A rattle from the passenger side, which I can't narrow down at all because I'm on the wrong side.

A rattle somewhere behind and to my left (but less frequently).

I don't even know how to describe some of these to the dealer, considering I don't even know where all of them come from. I've also had a weird sort of grinding noise that seems to happen after I've been going highway speeds and I slow way down. It sounds like it's coming from the hood area near the bottom of the car, but who knows.

Does anyone have any experience with getting any of these fixed? I find myself turning up music to overcome the general noise in my car. I'm moderately annoyed by this, considering it makes the car come off as poorly manufactured. I like a lot about the Focus, but I find myself thinking/worrying about it too much. Thanks in advance!
Hi concentrate_synonym,

When you took your vehicle in to the dealership, did you have the Service Tech ride along with you for a test drive? Sometimes showing them/letting them hear the sound is beneficial when they're trying to chase down mysterious noises and rattles. The next time you're ready to have the dealer check this out, give me a heads up and I'll be happy to escalate your case to your region's customer service manager. All I'll need is a PM from you with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll do the rest.

Have a great day!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 11-26-2012 at 10:50 AM.