FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
I've had my Focus Ti hatch for well over a year and there's a rattle that has gradually gotten worse and worse. It seems to be around the bottom of the MyFordTouch screen. I can press on the trim under the screen and the rattling stops. I remember seeing this mentioned a time or two before long ago, but can't find any of those posts with searches now. Did anyone ever find out exactly what is causing it or how to fix it? This is really starting to get on my nerves.
Hey JasonM,

You can always mention this to your Service Tech the next time you have an oil change or other scheduled maintenance appointment. They'll be happy to get to the bottom of that rattle for you. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post
I had it too in the exact same place.

It went away after me and it got into a little 'argument' one night after work. It was yapping as it always does probably about how hard I drive the car home or something, and me being in a sour mood decided to put it into it's place. BAM, my right fist, which I have given the moniker "the Hammer", impacts it's plasticy face and it ceases to make any further statements. It would occasionally make a quip every once in a while, but to remind it of our previous scuffle, I would tap it and it would enter what I like to call "The Silence Zone".
This, symbology, made my day. Hopefully you don't have to bust out "The Hammer" for any other vehicle maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
I had this problem...service tech tightened all screws/bolts/whatever that held the screen in place in the dash and it was fixed...not a peep from my screen since.

It was such a relief to get that sound fixed.
Glad to hear that your Focus is rattle-free, Shorty Long!

Have a great day, everyone.
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford