Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #1595
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98655
What I Drive: Fmr: 2012 Ti Sedan Now: '13 Taurus

FF Reputation: 2 Shantheman2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
My credit card wedged under the tower brace is holding up very well after a week. I only hear the clunk when I really hit a harsh bump, and its between 45 and 65 degrees outside and the car is cold. Before the credit card that would mean it would sound like driving down the street in a model T ford or vintage farm tractor. Constant clunking/rattle on every few revolutions of the wheels.

There is a photo of my credit card shim in the other thread of zillon's
I tried the credit card thing...doesn't appear to have changed anything.

On another note...I stopped by my local dealer and talked to the service manager. He looked up the TSB part #'s to see if any updated parts have made their way into the system...which he said nothing has changed.

I did tell him that the 2013's are coming out with strut tower reinforcement plates...which he found pretty interesting. He said "Ford might be waiting to see if any 2013's come back with the same complaint before saying the plate is a fix."

I told him about this forum, and he was very open to hearing our findings and trial/errors too. Nice to have a guy who is open to listening and problem solve.