copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Of course my dealership has no idea what this update is... figures. Let's hope they don't have it for 8 and 1/2 hours this time and actually change my oil too. Will report back with my impressions if they in fact do update my MFT. I did a master reset prior to bringing it in as well and will do one once I get it back.
Wait. WHAT? I could see if it came out in the last day or two but it has been a couple of weeks now. Anyhow, completely worth it IMHO. My hands-free calling works again, my voice commands for music work again. I still get lists sometimes when I tell it to play a song but at least the song I want is usually on the first page and even the other songs it gives make sense from a "similar sound" perspective, unlike the page after page I used to get that was "What? How could it even think I was trying to say that!"

To be honest, as time went on w/3.0.2 and I was mad about things that didn't work as well as they did w/2.11 I was kind of started to convince myself that maybe things didn't work as well w/2.11 as I thought I remembered, that I was re-writing history in my head. Maybe the call quality wasn't quite as good as I thought I remembered (but I absolutely knew voice commands were better). This update showed me that I wasn't doing that. That those things did work and did work well until Ford broke them for me with their "upgrade" (also renews my degree of anger to think about the fact that I had a perfectly functional (yes, still quirky but it worked) system and Ford broke it and stuck me with the broken one for almost 9 months, over half of the time I have owned this car).

If they do manage to figure it all out and get it installed, post back with your thoughts/observations after some time with it. First update to MFT that I personally can honestly say I would give a (big) thumbs up.

Last edited by copernicium112; 11-21-2012 at 10:03 AM.