FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzachus View Post
I know there are a few threads like this but I wanted to share my story. My 2012 Titanium started with the gravel noise about 4 months ago, but it was hard to hear from the inside so I didn't think much of it.

Last week I started getting some shuddering during acceleration so I decided to take it in. I got the call this afternoon that they are replacing both of my clutches and I will be without my car for the week.

Luckily they are fixing the problem, I was worried I might get the "that's how it's supposed to work" speech.

I have never abused the car, mostly highway miles and I am only sitting at 22,000 miles.

I feel like I am in a support group.
Hi Gonzachus,

I'm glad to hear that your dealership is working hard to repair your vehicle. Let us know how the repair goes; if you need my assistance, I'm just a PM away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwild1996 View Post
I also have this problem in '12 SE automatic, it has 36k on it and it does that lurch thing and it makes that crunch noise. It only does it on a slower take off. Ive never done anything stupid with the transmission, such as a quick take from N to D.
Hi jwild1996,

I'm happy to get your case escalated to your region's customer service manager. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll make sure your CSM contacts you soon.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford