Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #1594
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,162, Level 34
Points: 3,162, Level: 34 Points: 3,162, Level: 34 Points: 3,162, Level: 34
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
So Crystal said "The SE sports package doesn't modify the suspension; it'll be the same as the other 2012 SE models."... which is NOT correct. The 2012 and 2012 ONLY se with the Sports handling package does in fact have the same Touring suspension as the TI with Handling pack... apparently she has not done her homework.... as for the 2013 SE... the Sports package is just an Appearance package...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiStick View Post
Crystal, here are some part numbers for the various 2012 Focus suspension configurations. The suspensions types are the same(ie. MacPherson strut up front and Control Blade in back), but different struts/shocks and springs combinations are used throughout the lineup. An SE Sport uses a touring strut and shock, same as the TI base, however they both use different springs in the rear. The S, SE base, and SEL use the standard struts/shocks. The SE Sport and TI base uses the touring struts/shocks. The Ti handling uses Handling struts/shocks. Most models use the same rear spring, some use the same front spring, and the Ti Handling uses a front spring specific to that model only.
Hey folks,

Thanks for jumping in here and offering up this info. Clearly I need to put on my reading glasses the next time I look up 2012 vs. 2013 info.

Have a great holiday!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply