Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Soft Paint on Door Handles
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
soundFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97713
What I Drive: 2011 Sangria Red SES

Points 451, Level 9
Points: 451, Level: 9 Points: 451, Level: 9 Points: 451, Level: 9
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 soundFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Eh, the painted door handles are made of a different kind of plastic and the paint is applied differently. You can probably have the scratches buffed out. I would recommend getting some 3M clear-bra material to cover them.
That's what I was thinking, as it is the handles themselves. I did try and touch them up but I think I did one scratch and decided it looked horrible.

As for the rest of the body...
Quote:
Do you live around dirt roads and construction zones? Is it just the handles or the whole car? If it's everything it's probably getting sand blasted by road debris
I've though of that too... are roads are not the best here and I would say a good 50-65% of my driving is on country roads. Probably has about 6-8 little nicks on the hood and bumper since I got it, one or two on the sides where rocks kicked up. I think it could be I just notice it more with the red paint, as our other vehicle is black (which I notice tends to hide scratches behind dirt) and white (hides everything).