Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #1591
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80943
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE/ Black/Sync/Auto/Moon

FF Reputation: 1 3focuslater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
I think we should be looking elsewhere, not at the suspension or wheels. All of these people are not morons, that rally is unlikely. It is probably a sound that sounds like its coming from somewhere different from it's actual place of origin.

Did you try turning the two front hood adjusters down a couple of turns? Sounds counterintuitive I know, but so far it's made a difference in mine. When the front adjusters are too high, it makes the hinge area rattle on sharp bumps at slow speed.
Worth a try anyway right?
Question about the hood bumpers .. So turning them own a little gets rid of the hood rattle, i turned mine up to make the hood tighter .. I am dumb here, whats the rattle it corrects where does it come from ... Forgive me i am just trying little things to see if its something simple.. Was gonna try the cc thing, but there was absolutely no space for it o slide in to.. I was bummed hoping it would be simple like it was for ours