Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #120
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80943
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE/ Black/Sync/Auto/Moon

FF Reputation: 1 3focuslater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Well, I can assure you that I'm at least doing what I can to get to the bottom of the issue.

I have the updated strut tower brace ordered, and I should be installing it tonight as long as UPS puts it on the right truck for delivery.

I'll be keeping everyone posted on my developments, and if successful, I'll post a how-to on updating the strut tower brace yourself.

You know after reading all this on the site, I really paid close attention to the noise in my car, no radio and no heat, nothing on at all... Drove down the worst roads around here. Did not do it once sounded fine, except for what I would call normal sounds ... It did do when I was driving for a while( so when it was warmed up) and going under 25 mph over some speed bumps and minor imperfections in the parking lot. However, I did notice clunking and also a crunching / creaking along with the clunks. Would all of this noise that I am hearing be all related??? It all sounds like its coming from the front more so on the drivers side... When your driving along over 30 mph it sounds fine and rides smooth. It is becoming annoying... and I have not been dealing with this as long as some of you guys have been.. I really do hope that a recall or TSB does come out.. I have a 5 year note and would hate to think that I am going to have to endure this for the length of the note... Just add, I think noise or no noise the car feels fine and with the music on or back ground noise I would never know there was anything going on up front by the way it feels, but the way it sounds you would think something was about to fall off the car..