Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #563
YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106372
What I Drive: 2012 WHITE SE, HATCH

FF Reputation: 1 YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Transmission recall; my biggest mistake!!!

Hi Everybody,

Been alurker for a while.Iwould like to share my Experience.
I purchased a Brand new 2012 Ford Focus SE in May 2011. Love the car since the very first time Iseen a comercial of it. I trully fell in love specially when I have seen the Race car version specially with the high wing at the back. Any way. Purchased an SE and was planning to purchase a stick shift
transmission. Since 17 years old, I have been driving stick shift and learned driving from a 1963VW Bug. Anyway I was at the dealer and noticed the gas mileage chart betweena stick shift Focus and an Automatic. I ask the sale man why the automatic transmission gets better gas mileage.
His response was becauseof the new 6 speed transmission and the stick is only five. Since I commute 110 miles a day (To and from work) 80 milesof that was freeway driving and the 20 miles was city driving. I have no complains, every thing was fine and love the car. One day , received a recall notice from ford concerning a roll backs on an incline. Well, I was thinking , I did not have any problems with mine rollingback but was still concern.

So after two to three weeks and finally got a day off from work, decided to
take my car to the dealer close to the house ( 9 Miles) and get the recall
done. BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER DID .At first the dealer did not know what I was talking about then they called Ford and gotan anwers but they were having problems with down loading the new program and they end up keeping my car overnight till the next day. To make the story short..

Since the recall work, my car was never the same. All the signs that every body in this forum are talking about I have, Every thing that the people here are saying what their ford techniciansin are saying regards to the transmission learning the new programs,etc. etc. I also have heard..

I have taken my Focus since the recallfour times now and still not fixed.I love the car,I love the gas mileage before the recall, I was getting an average of 39.6 milesto gallon city/hwy, after the recall 36 MPG average. I purchase a standard white colr Focus 5 Door hatch back and triked it out . I still drive it since I did not have a choice because I can not afford to purchase another car. All I am asking to the FORD Engineers and Ford Company 1s to find a fix. I hope I am not asking much and so as other thousand of other Focus owners. For FORD company...All I can say was we believe on you, we want to support an american company auto maker but with this kind of problem, do youblame people on turning to imports. Like I said I am a 59 year old working man, I work hard for the money I earned. I do not mind spending it on an american product all we ask ws to fix ourcars.

I could have attached a picture of my 2012 Focus SE, Hatch. Mighty proud of it specially I did all the customizing. . Maybe on my next post..

FOR FORDCOMPANY!!!!!!!Still looking for help to get mycar fix...

Last edited by YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE; 11-20-2012 at 10:53 PM.