Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New Member - 'New '02 Focus SPI' in the family - I "Get It"
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
Tymes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94124
What I Drive: 02 SE SOHC SPI

FF Reputation: 8 Tymes Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm looking at buying a scrap yard head (as soon as an SPI comes in from a collision) and giving it to an engine head rebuild shop. That's pretty much all they do is rebuild heads, mostly for tuners, but I'm sure they could handle my SPI. I'll have to talk to them to be sure they can get upgraded seats though, they do mostly upgrades for the tuners so hopefully their source for parts will have something.

And a note to the OP. 128k KMs, WOW that's some low mileage, mine has 222000 and its also an 02.

As far as the vibration, my mount under the airbox was brutal as well, but replacing it did not solve the issue, pop the cap off the passenger side top mount, mine was bulging up, and replacing that one smoothed things right out. I think as the engine warms it up, it helps, but I'd look at that one.