raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyherald View Post
Its a 2012 so Geico should have no problem with it. The guys that have the Ford Super Duty trucks have "Super Duty" Carlite windshields and most insurance companies have no problem authorizing those windshields even back to 2007 Model years. The big thing is requesting Carlite when you make the appointment with the glass shop Geico recommends. If they don't bring Carlite to the appointment turn them away and make them bring the right glass. Although Volvo isn't a similar car, I've had rainsensors on some cars not work with aftermarket glass for some reason.
Carlite may not have Blue shade windshields Available yet. I can't get a blue shade carlite windshield with "RANGER" in the third visor frit for my 2007 Ranger, only green tint with no shade, but I can get Carlite with blue shade without RANGER on it. anyway, emphasize Carlite to Geico, you shouldn't have to pay more.
When I called Safelite this morning they indicated there was only one option for my car -- the OEM glass. Perhaps since the Mk3 Focus is still relatively new the aftermarket glass companies haven't yet come out with other options. How common is it that there be only one option, the OEM glass?

Brian