Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Should I take my car in for the DCT?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutiger93gt View Post
Well I have put about 12k miles on my car. It has a build date of around 9-11-11. I don't really have any major issues, aside from low speed shifts while turning sounding like a box of rocks in my transmission. I am just wondering if its worth the time to take in and have it looked at?...
Hi mutiger93gt,

I would definitely advise that you take your vehicle in to the dealership so they can take a look. Additionally, I want to escalate your case to your region's customer service manager. All I need to get started is a PM from you with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll do the rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Probably the clutches slipping, but it really depends on your dealer if it's going to get fixed. I suggest you take it in before the 3 year/36k mile mark.

Some people complain of shuddering and get an entire transmission and clutch swapped. Others have weird noises and jerkiness and the dealers brush it off as a characteristic of the car. All I can really say is take it in and I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks for offering up this suggestion, PratoN.

Have a great day, everyone,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply