Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Passenger Footwell - is this normal??
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #19
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilxmouse View Post
Hi folks,

First time poster. I've had my Focus for about a year now but I just noticed a weird bump in the footwell on the passenger side. I'm usually driving so I really don't pay much attention to that side. I pulled up the mat and poked at it but it seems pretty inflexible and the floor isn't wet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
I just checked mine it is the same way. Do not know what it is for. There is a heater vent under the seat it may be the duct for that.
Hi lilxmouse and jdetzel,

Swing by your dealerships so they can have a look or inquire about this the next time you have an oil change. A Ford tech will be your best bet for getting answers and resolving your concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
If you're talking about the hump in the lower left-hand corner of where the passenger-side floor mat sits, then yes, it is normal. I'm guessing it's the way the floor pan was designed, probably clearance for something. I haven't been under the car in so long that I forget what it looks like under there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
Oh ok. I still think it's not normal to have the wires protrude like that. My advice is if it bothers you (it would for me) and you have time, take it to your dealership and show them the issue. It could be that some wires were moved around and all they have to do is secure them back in their proper place.
Thanks for offering up great advice and suggestions, BaconZombie and dragonpalm!

Have a great day,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford