Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #36
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
I had mine in a couple of weeks ago and they replaced everything that they replaced on your work order, and I was experiencing the same problems. I can report that as of today (as well as right after I left the dealership) the noise has returned and been the same grinding/rattling/whatever you want to call it in 1-2 and 2-3. Obviously this is the noise that is supposed to "go away" after 1000 miles or whenever the "green clutch" wears in, but I don't see that happening. So if my clutch was worn enough that they had to replace the clutches after 20,000 miles and it still makes the noise, won't they just be replacing another clutch at 40,000 miles?

This is the 10th time I've had it in for this issue, have already escalated to regional managers and all the other rigamarole that comes with that. Regional manager now ignores my calls and doesn't return them after I leave messages. I guess it's time for the formal complaint letter followed by a BBB lemon law complaint. It saddens me because I had such trust in Ford after driving my '96 Ranger for over 12 years with 0 issues. On this car they've had to replace the radio twice, the passenger window switch, and the clutches all before 22,000 miles.

What a disappointment.
*EXACTLY* the same issue here. My regional manager stopped calling me back and stopped picking up the phone. I went to three different dealerships and all denied the issue existed (although two of the 3 told me "there's something wrong", but since the computer wasn't throwing an error they refused to work on it).

It's complete BS. Ford is feigning customer service in order to save face but, judging by the latest consumer reports article, the industry and consumers have already realized it's a lie...Ford is now second from the bottom, in terms of customer service. It's a complete joke that's leaving many customers in the dark and pissed off.

Not to worry. If this type of customer service continues Ford will be out of business in the next 10 years. It's one of the reasons GM was in such rough shape, and it'll bite Ford in their butt too. Some companies just have to learn the hard way how they should care for their customers.