Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra1969 View Post
TiPilot,
No I do not use cruse control. I pride myself for having a pretty steady foot. I don't like the jerkyness of cruse when I have to hit the brake to slow down and when I reingage it. I do have a issue on my streach of traveled highway, everyone does 75 to 83 pretty steady. I drove my 2011 Fiesta the same way and got 42 to 44 mph out of it. When I did all highway miles @ 80 mph I got 29 mpg. Ouch!

HuskerFocus,
I have used the "S" gear once or twice just to test it out, but it doesn't feel right with out a clutch peddal. I Drive with it in "D" pretty much all the time. Over last weekend I did disconect the battery and checked all the electrical connections on the fuel injectors and in the engine compartment to make sure nothing was loose. Just filled up this morning, will know in a couple of week if it changed aything. If the computer est. is any sign of the future MPG's I appears to be headed in the right direction. But don't want to get my hopes up before the chicken's hatch. I will post my results when I fill up again. Also When I tried out the "s" it showed I was in 5th and I was able to bump the up arrow again an mine did shift into 6th. Done it a couple of times.
Again S automatic only goes to 5th gear, but if you engage S + manual mode by using the shifter to shift into 6th manually you lock the car into gear until the engine speed is either too high or too low for a given gear when it will still over ride you by shifting if it thinks you have too little engine load for a given speed while demanding acceleration, or at 1100ish on deceleration if you do not shift it back down through the gears.

S manual goes through all the gears, but S auto (when it also does not display the current gear selection) only goes to 5th gear.