Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Cracked windshield
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #17
Rockyherald
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100151
What I Drive: 2012 ZX5 SEL SONIC BLUE

FF Reputation: 1 Rockyherald Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Rocky, great info, thanks for the input...

Yes, my 2012 FF Ti HB has the rain sensor so I'd expect it to cost a bit more -- maybe $50 more?

If I request Carlite glass and that's more than the Geico will authorize is that something I can cover the difference out of pocket?

Again, much thanks...

Brian
Its a 2012 so Geico should have no problem with it. The guys that have the Ford Super Duty trucks have "Super Duty" Carlite windshields and most insurance companies have no problem authorizing those windshields even back to 2007 Model years. The big thing is requesting Carlite when you make the appointment with the glass shop Geico recommends. If they don't bring Carlite to the appointment turn them away and make them bring the right glass. Although Volvo isn't a similar car, I've had rainsensors on some cars not work with aftermarket glass for some reason.
Carlite may not have Blue shade windshields Available yet. I can't get a blue shade carlite windshield with "RANGER" in the third visor frit for my 2007 Ranger, only green tint with no shade, but I can get Carlite with blue shade without RANGER on it. anyway, emphasize Carlite to Geico, you shouldn't have to pay more.