dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMark View Post
This was my exact situation. I'll try to use spotify a bit more this week and let you know if I see it happen again because you're right. It is a very intermittent issue.
I've done several master resets now, including using the delayed reboot app and it hasn't fixed the issue. I did however, notice that the new elapse timer that shows during a song (the top left hand corner of the BT Audio screen) is not synced with the elapse timer on my phone's Spotify app. When I change tracks, sometimes the MFT timer will start at an arbitrary point like 1:30 instead of the :00 on Spotify. I don't know if that's the cause of this, but it's definitely strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Interesting that you both report it (even though yours seems to be fixed after the reset TehMark) using Spotify. Either of you tried other apps and see the same results? I tried Spotify after I read TehMark's post and got no skipping (but I only did a little under an hour of streaming). I use the freebies for all my streaming apps so I don't have anything cached when I stream. I have had it happen, very rarely, with Pandora and Slacker. I tend to think that has more to do with a losing/regaining a signal though. It also doesn't count against my hourly skips when it happens so I tend to believe it is on the app's end. If MFT was causing the skip I would think it show as a skip in the app.
When you say "skipping", I hope you mean the track auto changes instead of the audio playback is skipping. The audio skipping has been an issue with 3.0.2 and still exists in 3.5.1. The spooky auto track changing is the bigger issue I've been having with 3.5.1. I haven't tried other music apps yet but over the weekend, I plan on testing it more.