raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyherald View Post
I install windshields for a living. Most windshields don't cost more than $250.00 installed. That said you definately want to replace it with a Carlite windshield. Carlite is sometimes more expensive but the quality is usually the best.
Does your windshield have a rain sensor? that drives up the cost. Your car is a 2012 so insist on a Carlite.
Once the windshield is installed it can be a hassle to get the glass shop to come back out to replace it if defective, especially if you don't go through insurance. For a 2012 you really should use insurance so you have a warranty through insurance as well as the glass shop. If you pay cash good luck getting customer service after install. If you have a leak, that could get expensive if water gets into the electronics.
if you don't go through insurance you will be responsible for repairs out of pocket.
Also consider getting your new windshield with a blue shade on the windshield. Great for summertime and when the sun is low in the Fall.

Rocky, great info, thanks for the input...

Yes, my 2012 FF Ti HB has the rain sensor so I'd expect it to cost a bit more -- maybe $50 more?

If I request Carlite glass and that's more than the Geico will authorize is that something I can cover the difference out of pocket?

Again, much thanks...

Brian