Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford focus window help.
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Striings
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106445
What I Drive: Ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 Striings Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
a multimeter would be safer than just a test light and will tell you more if you can use that instead. I believe the regulator and motor are in the same unit (i.e. a regulated motor). and yes they should be on the same fuse so that's prolly not it. you can always disconnect the motor/regulator from the rest of the system (unplug it) and hook a 12volt drill batter up to the motor and see if it spins. best bet is it's either the motor or the switch.

did that window just stop altogether (work one day then nothing the next) or did it start acting weird before it died. like it it went down, but didn't want to come back up or worked off and on with holding the switch?

first option is most likely motor, second is the switch.
So would you say that the motor and regulator will hve to be bought as one piece not seperate? If I have power coming from the switch the chances are that it's very unlikely for it to be the switch? Is there any way I can test the motor with two pieces or one piece of wire?

It just packed up one day I had no problems with it. Then went to put my window down and It wouldn't come down. What if unplugged the plug from the motor,
Plugged a multimeter in and then press the switch. ?