Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Headliner stains, Dealer seems to be making worse
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaToX View Post
Well What started out as a several small stains in the headliner has turned into a mess. I have been after the for two months to fix this, first being a water stain surrounding the original one, and now their brilliant idea was to call in a company that repairs interiors by dying them. I told them flat out if it is going to make it look worse, or put overspray all over my car don't do it...
As jdetzel states below, I'm happy to step in here and get my contacts from Ford Canada involved. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get your information in the right hands and ensure someone contacts you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/p...=newpm&u=79824
What genius came up with that idea?
You can use this link and send a private message to Ford Customer Service, give them your vin and contact info.
They need to pull the headliner, clean up the adhesive and probably replace it. Luckily you have a hatch so they can get it out without too much trouble.
That headliner is expensive, with it out of the car they may be able to re-dye it so it looks acceptable and it will last.
But if they do not clean up the mess behind it will just keep bleeding through and staining.
Thanks for pointing SaToX in my direction, jdetzel.

Have a great day, everyone!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply