Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - This Prius can't even sell itself...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #147
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

Points 653, Level 13
Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
you never did answer my cradle to grave for the 2010 focus vs prius. why is that? some facts hurt?
By the way, when you try to state facts and post links, make sure they are fairly current, at least I did. you guys kept diving back into bs from 07
I didn't see that "cradle to grave for the 2010 focus vs prius" question but I answered your question about the environmental comparison between a new Prius and a used Subaru Outback.
Quote:
A used car is almost always better environmentally. Want to compare a used Prius to that used Subaru?
Anyway the Prius will create far less CO2 over the course of its life than a Focus will. The 2013 Focus is rated at 290 grams per mile, 2013 Prius is rated at 179 grams per mile and the 2013 C-Max Hybrid (a larger car) is rated at 190 grams per mile.
Numerous studies have found that 85-90% of the environmental impact of any car is from the CO2 produced while driving them not the CO2 produced while manufacturing them.