Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus exploding sunroof on local news
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #28
IH84DZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101801
What I Drive: 03 CD silver SVT 5 door

FF Reputation: 5 IH84DZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
If anything it would be a supplier issue. I won't claim to know where every manufacturer gets their glass from, and if they use multiple suppliers, however it seems plausible that a supplier released some poor quality glass that ended up in several manufacturer's vehicles.
This could be the case but until it's proven to be the case Ford, Hyundai, BMW, etc aren't going to volunteer a no cost replacement. Even from a customer goodwill standpoint it could be seen as an admission of "guilt" or admission of fault on their behalf. This is why unverified symptoms get no repair attempts.

I see no credibility whatsoever in a "safety" concern from this woman if she is willing to drive around with a sheet of plastic in lieu of a glass panel. If she was really concerned for her safety (or comfort for that matter) she'd have her insurance cover the glass and press the issue until someone figures out if there really is a supplier defect.