Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Thoughts on Yokohama YK580's
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A ONE COLOR FOCUS, Ducatis

Points 7,161, Level 56
Points: 7,161, Level: 56 Points: 7,161, Level: 56 Points: 7,161, Level: 56
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thoughts on Yokohama YK580's

These are just my thoughts on the new tires I bought, so take them with a grain of salt. I had Michelin Energy's on my car before, and definitely rode them for all they were worth. The technician who replaced my wheels and tires said that I should have replaced them 10k miles ago... oops!

SO, needless to say, my car handles much, MUCH better now. The grip hasn't been lost once yet, and I used to chirp the tires leaving any stoplight on a hill before. (note: I live in the Seattle area, so just about every stop light is on a hill) Now I can leave lights without looking like I'm trying to burnout, and I haven't hydroplaned once. I drove through 2 huge puddles on the way to work this morning, which is what made me want to write this review. I thought for sure that I was gonna hydroplane, but these things kept me planted even as I was sending roostertails up that were taller than my car.

To make this even better, the price was awesome. I went to Discount Tire, and they hooked me up with a very competitive rate (competetive enough to convince me away from Continental DWS's) and I even got a $60 dollar rebate. I think I got all 4 for less than 380 bucks. Talk about a deal! And with a 65k mile warranty too! Also, the ride is a lot quiter now as well.

Anyone else have thoughts on them? Feel free to post here!

ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02