Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #1765
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJune512 View Post
I figured I would post my issues here and hopefully Crystal can help me. I bought a 2013 Focus SE on Oct 10th. It already had over 400 miles on it and after just a couple days, I was concerned about the shuddering, rough shifting, and rolling backwards on hills. It also would delay in shifting when trying to accelerate in traffic. I have never been nervous while driving but the things that this car does scare me. I almost got rear ended on the highway because my car wouldn't accelerate for a couple seconds. I live in my car and drive over 1000 miles per week and nothing has gotten better, even a little bit. I now have over 7k miles on the car...
Hi MJune512,

I'm happy to step in and see how I can assist. Please send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbasid View Post
Update number 3 or 4...
My 2012 Focus SE has been in the service department at my local Ford Dealer since October 30th. This was my second visit to the dealer for transmission issues. I forwarded the service manager a work order someone else posted on this forum, for replacement of the clutches. After two weeks of nothing, he finally said they were going to go ahead and replace the clutches even though Ford did not want him to do it. He said he thought it was "the right thing to do." The case has been escalated by the Regional Ford Service Manager, which seems to me to be a whole lot more nothing, since I have still not gotten my car back, and when I last called, the parts were still not in...
Hi pjbasid,

Please reach out to me via PM; I want to learn more about what's been going on recently. At the very least, I can look into the possibility of getting those parts expedited.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply