Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #1764
pjbasid
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104936
What I Drive: 2012 Dark Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 pjbasid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Update number 3 or 4...
My 2012 Focus SE has been in the service department at my local Ford Dealer since October 30th. This was my second visit to the dealer for transmission issues. I forwarded the service manager a work order someone else posted on this forum, for replacement of the clutches. After two weeks of nothing, he finally said they were going to go ahead and replace the clutches even though Ford did not want him to do it. He said he thought it was "the right thing to do." The case has been escalated by the Regional Ford Service Manager, which seems to me to be a whole lot more nothing, since I have still not gotten my car back, and when I last called, the parts were still not in.
The service manager called me last week to tell me they are still waiting for the throwout bearing, and that it is on backorder until December 11, apparently because there are so many of these cars with this problem that there are no more parts available.
Seriously?? I really wanted to buy American, but I am really sorry I did.

Maine used car law states: 35 days after delivery if the necessary parts are not available to the dealer (longer if the parts are unavoidably delayed), then you may be able to return the car and receive all or most of your money back or obtain damages equal to your losses in your carís value. I am seriously thinking this is the next course of action.