Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What's Wrong With This Picture??????
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #11
1990 GT-X
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80602
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 1990 GT-X Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Now that i stumped a few of you. Most of you got the answer correct. I was able to activate my compass and temp feature on my car. But you are correct. it is not cheap to do. You have to buy a 2010 mirror with the compass in it, you have to buy a build 2 2009 instrument cluster. And if your car is an automatic you need to get a cluster that was in an automatic for the OD off light. If your car has traction control switch, then you need to make sure the cluster you get came from a car that had traction control. You need to buy a 2010 HVAC unit or heater control switch and you need lots of wire to run from the mirror down to the instrument cluster for the compass, and you need to run 2 wires from the front of the car for the outside temp and connect them to where the wires go in the HVAC unit/plug to have that work, then last but not least you need to buy a 2010 HIGH logic/fuse box and install that to activate the instrument cluster to make the outside temp start working. Once that is done, then you put your original logic/fuse box back in the car and then your done. So it takes buying a lot of parts from the junk yard and knowing how to read wiring diagrams and then knowing how to make and run wires. It is a lot of work/time to do this and it is very hard to explain without showing you everything as it's being done. I would have made a build threat, but i don't have the means or know how to do that. Oh, and RDS is Radio Display Sequence. It will show you the name of the song and singer on the display when you have your radio on in FM or AM. It took me many nights and weeks and hours studying the factory ford focus manuals from 08-10 to understand and figure out how to make this work. I can tell you guys this much. Would i do it again???? Ummmm N O!!