Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #1762
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

Points 659, Level 13
Points: 659, Level: 13 Points: 659, Level: 13 Points: 659, Level: 13
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJune512 View Post
The fact that yours is working properly gives me hope that mine will eventually be fixed. I appreciate your suggestions and will certainly explore every avenue until I get what I paid for. I agree that ultimately the responsibility falls on me to know what I am buying. However, why would I have any reason to research the fact that this is a completely new design of auto transmission? When you look up consumer reports and things on cars, the Focus ranks fairly high. They don't talk about specifics such as this. If Ford cares about customer service they should give a simple education on the transmission during the sales process. I would imagine that most consumers that buy a brand new car are expecting there to be no issues or surprises. I know that was my outlook and a reason I didn't buy used. Thanks again for your input and Ill update after tomorrow at the dealer.
I can only speak for myself, but I research everything I purchase. I just bought a pair of headphones on Amazon and spent 30 minutes reading all of the reviews to find out what the pros and cons were, and they cost $30. Cars are highly technical and they change constantly from year to year. That includes transmissions! There's no doubt most of these cars are great, but there is still a percentage of owners that have nothing but issues with them, of course you have to realize that even if there are hundreds and hundreds of people here complaining, there are tens of thousands that have no issues at all and don't log on here to say so.

Good luck tomorrow and don't let them send you home until you are satisfied.