Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #28
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,191, Level 41
Points: 4,191, Level: 41 Points: 4,191, Level: 41 Points: 4,191, Level: 41
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Gosh, just read around the forum. I know the seals are an issue (and continue to be) as is the mediocre dealer service network. Also, mysterious refusals to go into gear, an unpredictable "learning process", half-baked software made only somewhat better after several revisions, etc.

Add that to the marginal mpg improvement the DCT offers and the number of people who, when buying a mass-market car, expect conventional behavior, and you don't have a winning combination. Ask Praton what's wrong with the DCT in its current form.

Mine behaves OK after a really bad first 5,000 miles, but I have very low confidence it will continue to do so. Finally, you may want to ask yourself why the Focus has substantially more incentive cash on the hood than its competitors despite being the most stylish of the lot.

If yours has always worked great, I'm happy for you. That is far from a universal experience though.
I understand that many people have had issues but nothing that I've read leads me to believe that the DCT is an inherently bad design.

I would hope that Ford's attitude is "let's get it right" rather than "let's give up and throw it away".