this seems to be the pattern...
1. experience issue your described
2. take it to dealer and have them run tests...no error codes
3. post about your experience here and then hear from ford employee on this board who will ask for info about your car
4. a ford rep will contact you and then possibly follow up with your dealer
5. if they feel it's warranted, they'll offer to hook up a "black box" to your transmission to try and find the problem
6. the great unknown...no one has got past step 5 as far as i know