Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Front right popping/crunching.
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
04ZTSJelf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100701
What I Drive: 04 D23 Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 04ZTSJelf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Front right popping/crunching.

Hey fellow focus enthusiasts! I wanted to know if anyone has experieced this problem or knows what it could be. Any help would be appreciated. I bought my car back in june, and when I did, it made a popping-like noise in the front right side when I turned all the way in either direction (which was only sometimes to park, and not often). I took it to a trusted shop for a general tune-up and brakes shortly after, and when they got it on the lift, they noticed that one of the sway bars was completely off, and another was off on one end, so I had to get those replaced too. Luckily they didn't charge me anything for labor on those because they aid it was a quick fix. I asked about the popping and they said everything looked good, so they didn't know what it was. But recently, the popping is more frequent and it now makes a noise like somethings loose when I go over a bump or dip with the right front at low speeds (25mph through my neighborhood is when it happens mostly) and I think it has thrown my alignment outta wack because over the past week it has begun to pull right slightly. Its easily drivable, but just wanted to know if this is something simple, as I would love to start giving my car more performance but this seems more important.
Thanks for any help!
Also, if its important, I drive an 04 sedan with the 2.3.