Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #25
mmmfloorpie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72039
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 mmmfloorpie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12_T_Hatch View Post
Well ladies and gents, I have reached that point... I have owned "Casper" for 18 months and in that time I have put 31,142 miles on her. (Keep in mind I was out of the country for 6 of the 18 months of ownership...) Sadly though my experience with her has been nothing but headaches - I have had to bring her to the dealership for transmission issues 14 times (not counting regular service related issues - TSB's - Recalls - oil changes - new tires - etc), and half of those times required a two or even three day stay at the dealership... So after being without my car for two days due to my transmission, I decided that enough is enough. Even the service adviser at the dealership I have started using since moving told me that until Ford comes up with a permanent fix I am stuck coming back every few weeks for the transmission to be "reprogrammed" with the latest patch. After hearing that and brooding about it the entire ride home I decided to write Ford Motor Company, notifying them in writing that the problem was still there and if they don't take radical steps to correct this issue I will be forced to pursue my legal options provided to me under the Missouri lemon law. I also included in that letter a copy of every service record I have showing my complaint of a transmission problem plus my retail installment contract showing exactly how much I paid for the vehicle plus all the money I put as a down payment. In the letter I gave them two options buy the car back from me or switch me into a comparably priced and equipped vehicle that I approve of. If they do the later you can rest assured I will either be driving the Focus ST (it only comes with a manual transmission so I shouldn't have the shuddering, hesitation or grinding that I am currently experiencing) or I will abandon the Focus line all together and get into the nicest Fusion I can for 29,000. I also wrote in the letter that they need to re-imburse me all the tax, tags, title and motor vehicle inspection fees I paid to get the Focus road ready.

Anyways, I will let you know what I hear back from them. I gave them ten business days to respond before I start executing on the promise to report them to the BBB, and Missouri Attorney General. This is probably showing me as a sucker, but even with the headache this car is for me - I still LOVE Ford. I am hoping that they stand behind their product and pave the way for me to trade into a different Ford.
How did you put so many miles on it for being out of the country for 6 months?