Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Eastwood's turbo zetec build for 300hp daily driver
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Eastwood
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62095
What I Drive: 2001 zetec premium zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Eastwood Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Talking Eastwood's turbo zetec build for 300hp daily driver

Hey guys I finally decided to make a new thread for my build progress and questions
Any help is appreciated, any critiques too :D
this is going to be an epic build because it is first time when I mess with car like that
and I'm a software engineer not a car mechanic so sorry for stupid questions :D :D
and I do speak 3 languages so sorry for my grammar or misspelling although who cares right?

my parts list:
1) a brand new zetec engine block with supertech pistons and eagle rods and stock crank balanced for 9 k rpm)
2) Ford Racing head with a Crower valve springs and TITANIUM retainers installed
4) Crower turbo grind cam gears - will need to buy
5) AEM adjustable cam gears
6) Gates timing belt
7) 2000 zetec Intake manifold + Focus Sport 70 mm TB
8) Torsen LSD for MTX-75 - need to install
9) Diablo Mafia
10) Focus Power DIY turbo kit
11) turbo charger - probably garrett 28rs or turbonetics super 60
12) CFM billet oil pump gears
14) SAMCO blue engine coolant hose kit

Looking to get 300 - 350 hp at the 7 k rpm for now and then will see if will go with a different setup and diff hp levels and drag race it

an original 20 K miles engine is out of the car and will not touch it for now- will keep it as replacement. Currently building my new engine with all the parts above.

And yeah I got my hands on FOCUS RS body parts: bumpers and arches the only piece is missing is side skirts

Last edited by Eastwood; 10-10-2013 at 09:34 PM.