Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #17
12_T_Hatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87898
What I Drive: 12, White Platinum Metallic, Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 12_T_Hatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I must be missing something...

There are many people here that have no problems with their transmissions -or- did have problems and have had all of their issues resolved. We know that the transmission is capable of working well and we know that it can be fixed properly when it isn't.

If you are unable to get your car repaired properly, why would you want another Ford? That is absurd.

Cars break. Service is important.
Its the transmission not the entire car. Ford (sans transmission) has a great product, I love the look of my Focus, the MFT w/Nav and Sirius travel link, etc etc. I am not willing to give all that up, which is why I am staying with the Ford lineup.

As you stated there are many here with transmission issues, some have been fixed and with others it continues to be an issue... The fact that some can be successfully repaired while others are left with a malfunctioning unit is, as you so eloquently stated, absurd. If none of the Focus' were able to be fixed then I would say I have no case for a lemon law, however the fact that some have been fixed shows that the way my car drives is not "normal" this it is a lemon since I have had it to the dealership numerous times and it has not been repaired.

As for your statement "cars break, service is important" - no sherlock.. However a new vehicle should not be in service as much as mine is. Its ridiculous and a huge inconvenience - I have had used cars with over 100K that never saw the inside of a repair shop unless I was doing preventative maintenance (i.e. oil change, etc). I expect better reliability from a new car.

I am willing to pursue legal action in regards to this, I just hope it doesn't come to that. I don't expect one letter to Ford to change anything, I merely sent it b/c legally I am required to send them in writing that this transmission issue has not been repaired. Now depending what they do upon receipt of the letter will determine my next course of action...