View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #2493
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm happy to say the update seems to have improved the system speed drastically.... Still not perfect but way better. Glad to have my radio presets back... Will have to give it a thorough test for final verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Hey all, GET 3.5.1. Do whatever you have to do to get the dealership to honor the TSB. Just make sure to do a g-damn master reset first thing after installation (even if they said they did it). Testing it out after installation I thought "Meh, not much there, a little better I guess". I hate master resets but finally relented and did one a couple of nights ago (for reasons listed in my above post). Got done doing some work around the house and figured I'd go for a little drive because I wanted to test the call quality thing a little more. Told my wife to answer her cell when I called from the road (area doing 65mph and some road noise) to test cell-to-cell (I had called her post-install and she had just as tough a time hearing me as she did pre-install so I figured nothing was any different). Her first reaction was "Wow, what did you do? You sound a thousand times better". I could not hear any of the "wind tunnel" background whooshing noise I have always heard in the car since 3.0.2. I also told her not to answer the home phone as I wanted to leave a voicemail so I could hear the sound quality for myself. I did just that and it was great. Still a little hollow and some echo but that is the nature of hands-free. Totally understandable though and no background noise. I also had her send me a couple of test texts and receiving the texts and having the system read them back to me worked fine with an iPhone 5 and iOS6 (still can't send but I am going to continue to try and find a workaround for that). Hands-free calling now works as well, if not even better but it was a while ago so I can't be sure, for me as it did w/2.11.

This is a call quality freakin' NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. I am still kind of shocked and in disbelief. No wonder Ford put out a demonstration/delivery hold recall on lot cars and made the update mandatory on those. GET IT (and do the damn master reset after).