Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Shockingly low mpg numbers reported for 2013 Focus
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miuzi05 View Post
I've got a 2013 with almost 2000km on it now, and I've been watching my mileage with keen interest. Since I'm in Canada, my car displays L/100km, instead of mpg. My commute to work is through the city, and even though I drive it gently, I still see only around 8L/100km, which works out to a little below 30mpg. If I take a decent drive on a highway, though, the average quickly improves, falling below 7L/100km. I reset the average every time I fuel up, and the best I've seen the average fall to is 6.6 L/100km, or about 35 mpg. That's still mixed driving though. Today, I'm going to be doing a long trip that is almost purely highway, and I'm going to brim it before I depart, so I'm eager to see what I can get.
I was able to do 5.2L/100 Km @ 112 Kph using cruise control on a 2 hour flat strech of highway (Montreal/Quebec). 2 adults, some luggage with A/C 'cause it was during summer. Also, my car gets 8.2L/100Km for my daily commute. It's been like this for months. I had a SE 2013 Flex fuel loaner with 3800 Km on it and used it for 2 days to use it to get to work. I got 8.2L/100Km out of it. Same numbers, same usage. The only difference is the flex fuel option the loaner had that I dont have on my car. But then again, the Flex Fuel thing does not much help when stuck in traffic as it is, I beleive, an aero dynamical thing only.