Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - VCM II Diagnostics interface installation
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
Not to rain on your parade here, but the whole reset-relearn thing only helped me for a week. Just DC the battery and perform the "relearn procedure" and it will behave itself for a little while.
It is my understanding that they did more than just a battery pull, even tho my battery control module (BCM) died somewhere along the way when they started to work on the car. I mean why go tru all the computer system one by one and have them erased/removed and re-installed when all you can do is a battery pull? No they did more than that. A battery pull does not necessitate any kind of program re-installation...A battery pull is just a reset.

So yeah, I'm right there with you on this still, as I had the FSA 12B37 done this summer and the car behaved like a charm...for some time before tranforming back into ''Christine''. I know some peeps here did the battery pull only to see their car's returning to their bad behavior weeks after. Like I said, this is the first time that they do such a thing...as if it was rolling out of the line with fresh software everywhere. Only time will tell.