Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
This gets me back to my original question. Does anyone actually have a copy of the 12-10-15 TSB that is supposed to address this specific problem? I'd like to see what the procedure is. Being a systems engineer myself has been helpful in the past when the service techs at the Ford dealership and I had to work together to try to figure an issue out. Dealing with all sorts of computerized equipment, from embedded systems up to online services with 100k+ servers, over the past couple of decades has taught me that there are very few issues that are completely new. Most are just slight variations of things that have happened before. :)

When it comes to new stuff like this, the techs at my local dealerships (and I suspect most every dealership) are often at a loss unless there's a very specific TSB from Ford about it or they've seen that exact issue before. While I can play around with it for hours figuring it out if I want, they are locked into doing work that they can charge labor to a customer or Ford for, so they don't have the freedom that I do. I can often do a slightly better job on even routine stuff because I can take my time and tweak/clean every little thing perfectly, where they know they have to get done in the time rated for the task in their systems.
You sound smarter than most people working at any Ford dealer.

I would keep that a secret when you go in for service.