Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:26 AM   #539
paul21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87707
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 0 paul21 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I've done all I can and given Ford as many chances as I could.

I can't lemon it, but I've filed complaints with the BBB, NHTSA, and FTC.
You can still get a settlement from the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. It shouldn't cost you anything (for representation) since it's a consumer protection law (well it will cost you something if you win, probably 30% of the settlement, but nothing if you lose). If you have a stack of service records and a still unresolved issue, you can invoke this law for the duration of the warranty.

Basically every time you take you car in for an issue it loses some of its resale value, and you purchased a car with a warranty and that warranty should be worth something. If you're getting a lot of repairs done and things still aren't working, the warranty has no value effectively, in addition to the lost resale value from the stack of service records. You can get a lawyer to write some letters of demand to Ford for a 30% cut and probably get 1-5k in a settlement, just guessing. It would probably cost Ford that much money to just to show up for court, win or lose.

If they give you 3k for example, you could trade your car in to the dealership that says it works fine for KBB and replace the car with an identical one a few months newer (not that we'll ever be getting Fords again).