Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #1042
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
See if I can get everything.

First, there are wire nuts inside all the tape so it's really not all that much. lol

Second, I used four pods total. One under each foot well and one under each seat.

Third, both switches were removed from two flashlights that the batteries had gone bad inside. Both had two bulbs, one large and one small, which is why they have three settings (off, big light, small light). I really need to find somewhere to buy them though because I love having that extra setting.

Fours, magnets are another good idea. I used them in the first build too to hold open some doors. The only problem is they would be strong enough to hold the doors shut if anything start rolling around.

And the bonus. A brief description of how I plan on having the switches and light hooked up.

The top switch is the power side with constant power coming through the former cigaret light plug (a bonus with this is that I'm using an already existing fuse). Setting one will be a simple "on" with all floor lighting lit. The second setting will be an "on" for the floor light as well the lighting that I'm planning on installing in the back.

The bottom switch is the ground side. A constant ground goes through the cigaret lighters plug meaning that the switches can be turned on at any time whether the key is on or not. The other setting is for the doors (all the door lighting is controlled with the ground which is why I need this second switch) so that when any door is open, the lights will come on regardless of whether the dome light is on or off. The last setting is simply a ground off setting which is really unnecessary but I figured that out after everything was already wired up.

Another side project I did was to put a switch on the drivers side "door ajar" ground wire. Now I can leave the door open with the key on (for the radio most often) with out the door chime ringing constantly. I should have done this ages ago, it has to be one of the best mods I've done.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress