Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New to the Focus/ 2.3 Duratec..time for a build?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86fiveoh View Post
In previous applications ive worked with, its always (after some other work has been done) been beneficial to remove that, as it begins to provide a flow restriction. i also noticed the cossi and knockoff intake manifolds appear to delete this
You can't beat a dual runner manifold= two runners- the low end is longer & the top end is shorter. Look at the SVT's or Honda's/ Acura's. You can say the Cossie's are single plane manifolds, but you can't compare a dual length runner w/ a regular dual plane manifold. You only have air flowing thru it & the composite (plastic) manifold is smooth inside as it doesn't have to atomize the fuel droplets. Yeah, you can't beat the looks of a Cossie manifold, but for a DD, you really can't beat the 23 manifold. How many guys to you see running a single plane manifold on a SVT, let alone a different one? A few people said the next step for me is a Cossie manifold w/ the mods I already have. The only manifold I'd change out to is a escape manifold= it ditchs the imrc= aka tumble flaps, then I'd need another tune for the imrc delete.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131