Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Re-paint after Headliner replacement???
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oz View Post
I finally got around to having my local Ford dealership (not where purchased) replace the headliner on wifeís 2012 Focus (from where the factory glue bled through). When I picked it up there was a dent right where you enter (the step over sill) after opening the driverís door, as well as a deep +/- 6Ē scratch just below the doorís receiver latch. After about a month of waiting for them to call me for a repair appointment, I had to call them & returned it (they supplied a no charge loaner) in order for them to make the repairs; a week later I pick up the car again only to find out that they sent it out to the local corner body shop & re-painted the entire driverís side of the car. It looks good BUTÖ doesnít that reduce the car's value??? I guess Iím not feeling WHOLE again after THEIR damage to our car. After all we bought a brand new 2012, not a 40% re-painted 2012. Am I wrong???
If the repaint is of good quality (color matches, minimal orange peel, no dirt under the paint), it shouldn't be an issue and potential buyer likely wouldn't even know. The paint as applied at the factory isn't perfect in the first place, so the bar is set kind of low.

Two suggestions: many body shops offer a lifetime warranty on repair work. You should try to get that if you don't have it already. You could also make a small fuss and see what you can get in exchange: an extended warranty would be nice, a maintenance program may be acceptable. Good luck!