Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Re-paint after Headliner replacement???
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Big Oz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89171
What I Drive: 2014, Blue Candy Metallic. SE

Points 934, Level 16
Points: 934, Level: 16 Points: 934, Level: 16 Points: 934, Level: 16
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 0 Big Oz Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Re-paint after Headliner replacement???

I finally got around to having my local Ford dealership (not where purchased) replace the headliner on wifeís 2012 Focus (from where the factory glue bled through). When I picked it up there was a dent right where you enter (the step over sill) after opening the driverís door, as well as a deep +/- 6Ē scratch just below the doorís receiver latch. After about a month of waiting for them to call me for a repair appointment, I had to call them & returned it (they supplied a no charge loaner) in order for them to make the repairs; a week later I pick up the car again only to find out that they sent it out to the local corner body shop & re-painted the entire driverís side of the car. It looks good BUTÖ doesnít that reduce the car's value??? I guess Iím not feeling WHOLE again after THEIR damage to our car. After all we bought a brand new 2012, not a 40% re-painted 2012. Am I wrong???